Dr Soji Swaraj is a consultant endocrinologist and metabolic physician at concord hospital and teaches/supervises students at the university of Sydney, UNSW and UWS.
He sees referrals in Australia and overseas in his areas of expertise: PCOS, Diabesity and Metabolic Syndrome. As well as these and general endocrinology issues, he has the following special interests:
- Early Career Diabetes strategies as well as Quality of life the elderly diabetic.
- Insulin resistance and PCOS strategies in elite athletes and prevention of illness when they retire from competition
- Endocrine evaluation of all people with multiple or severe concussions for pituitary insufficiency
Dr Swaraj studied medicine at the University of Sydney and then completed his specialty training in internal medicine and Endocrinology at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital. He gained experience in diabetes management under the guidance of Professor John Turtle, Professor Dennis Yue and metabolism and obesity under Professor Ian Caterson. He completed a PhD in molecular endocrinology under the supervision of Professor David Handelsman. During this work, he developed a transgenic mouse model examining the role of follicle stimulating hormone in spermatogenesis.
Dr Swaraj delivers specialist consultation in a large number of diseases affecting the endocrine system. He offers advice and treatment in the following areas:
- Weight management
- Thyroid disease
- Pituitary disease
- Adrenal disorders
- Excess hair in women
- Excessive sweating
- Pre-conception endocrine management
- Optimising the health of orthopaedic patients