At East Sydney Private Hospital, our onsite pain clinic provides personalised diagnosis and treatment to patients suffering from chronic (longer than six months), and acute (sudden onset) pain of the back, and musculoskeletal system including sciatica pain, joint pain.
Our multidisciplinary team of Pain Physicians, Neurosurgeons, Orthopaedic Specialists, Radiologists, Physiotherapists and Clinical Nurse Specialists work together to tailor personalised patient empowerment programs. These programs aim to provide a comprehensive service that explores conservative and minimally invasive surgical intervention depending on the patient’s condition and severity of the disease.
Our spine and pain management specialists work with patients, focusing on improving their quality of life through comprehensive diagnostic services and holistic treatment techniques and therapies.
Our pain clinic’s goal is to coordinate all care at the time of consultation, ensuring the patient experience is streamlined and unnecessary delays are reduced.
Pain Conditions that we treat:
- Back Pain. With 1 in 6 people visiting their GP due to back pain, it is reported as one of Australia’s most common conditions. Australian Institute of Health & Wellbeing 2015.
- Osteoarthritis. This is the most common form of arthritis in Australia with 2.2million Australians suffering. Australian Institute of Health & Wellbeing 2015.
- Headache and Migraine. 1 in 5 Australians will experience a migraine, with those aged between 35 and 45 are most likely to experience them. Headache Australia 2021.
- Neck Pain. This is the leading cause of disability in Australian adults, with 1 in 5 presenting to their GP for assessment and support. Australian Journal of General Practice 2018.
Onsite Services, providing patients with a comprehensive service in one location;
- With 24/7 coverage supporting the diagnosis of pain conditions, our Brand New CT scanner supports our specialists in diagnosing conditions such as herniated disc in the spine.
- Technology supported pain relief programs with CT guided spine and joint pain relief injections.
- A committed team of allied health professionals including physiotherapists and exercise physiologist, creating personalised and structured exercise and functional restoration activities. Along with pre-habilitation and post-surgery support following spine or joint surgery.
- Development of pain management plans in collaboration with a pain physician, treating surgeon and allied health team to help patients achieve pain management goals.
- Patient education and empowerment programs focused on learning self-directed pain management techniques such as at-home stretch and exercise routines.
- East Sydney Private Hospital supports our neurosurgeons and orthopaedic surgeons during minimally invasive spine and joint replacement surgery boasting six operating theatres with state of the art equipment and dedicated theatre nursing teams.
- Experienced ward nursing staff with 32 inpatient beds, supported by onsite physicians and physiotherapy teams post-surgery care.
To find out more call our team on 1800 167 846
Specialists offering pain management services at East Sydney Private include:
- Dr Tim Ho
- Dr James Laban
- Dr Rodney Allan